Ramboll - Senior Building Performance Analyst
Our London office is looking for a motivated Building Performance Analyst at Senior (or Principal) level with experience in coding (i.e. C#, C++, VBA, Python) and/or Algorithmic modelling / analysis (i.e. Grasshopper / Dynamo) to contribute to our exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
The requirements of the role are flexible but an engineering or science background (either through work or study) is essential. The role would be expected to combine building modelling activities with coding, advanced/parametric analysis, algorithmic modelling and optimisation of our digital design workflows (including Revit, Grasshopper, IESVE).
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Apply skills in programming languages such as C#, Pyton, VBA, C++ – particularly in developing architectural/engineering applications and in relation to interfaces with Grasshopper and the Revit API (Essential)
- The role has an emphasis on advanced analysis, parametric design, digitalisation and the enhancement of our workflows – so knowledge in and enthusiasm for this is key
- Apply skills in High Performance Building Design such as thermal modelling, façade optimisation and energy and water strategies (Science or Engineering background is essential, additional skills can be developed)
- Undertake modelling in the software IESVE - Particularly Apache, Macroflo, Suncast, Radiance, Compliance Modules (Skills can be developed)
- Apply skills in communicating design information
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Note: the requirements of the role are flexible depending on a candidate’s particular strengths. i.e. more experienced coders with less knowledge in the built environment are just as desirable as less experienced coders with engineering experience
- Has a strong background in programming languages such as C#, C++, Python, VBA etc.
- At least five years’ experience in a relevant role (requirements are flexible)
- Experience using Revit / Grasshopper desirable
- Educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
- Experience of undertaking analysis in the building sector is desirable but not essential
- To Hold or be working towards Chartership with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body (Desirable)
Other desirable skills:
- Use of IESVE Apache, Macroflo, Compliance
- Use of IESVE Apache HVAC or IMPACT modules
- Use of DIVA
- Use of 3ds Max
- Use of Grasshopper
- Use of Ladybug / Honeybee / VisualARQ
- Use of Ansys CFX / Star CCM+ (Or similar CFD package)
- Use of Grasshopper and Revit APIs
- Experience developing custom tools / calculation sheets based on Building Physics and Energy
- Knowledge of SAP (inc. JPA and NHER) or BREDEM
- Knowledge of interfaces with Building Information Modelling (BIM) such as using Revit, VisualARQ, Grasshopper or similar
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Zendesk - STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, UK
Why join Zendesk?
We are a young, upbeat and disruptive business that takes great pride in what we do, and the impact we have on businesses. We also care tremendously about the way our employees feel about us. It's why they love to work here - check out Glassdoor and see for yourself.
Be part of something special. Our territories are unsaturated, we’re growing at over 50% YoY and we are a recognised leader in the customer engagement space.
Our rare set up means that you won’t just be a passenger on our amazing journey… you’ll be up front in the driving seat. You prioritise your time, you choose how to focus your time and you are in control of your sales destiny. In return, we'll reward you with fantastic earning potential and the chance to make a huge impact.
We’re looking for a visionary sales expert. Someone with a dream to run and lead your own business. If you've ever thought of yourself as a CEO in the making, then you've definitely come to the right place. If you're doing the right things, you'll grow very quickly locally. And, you'll be recognised across our global business.
- Define the appropriate marketing objectives and the right tactics for customers to support our revenue goals and optimise their use of Zendesk products
- Drive expansion opportunities, acquisition and pipeline generation within our customer base
- Develop multi-channel (digital advertising, web, email, field & virtual events etc.) customer expansion campaigns that meet business growth and revenue goals
- Create marketing programs that are sustainable and even beneficial for existing customers
- Collaborate with the Sales team on campaign implementation and follow up
- Responsible for the Customer Reference/AdvocacyProgram/User group in the region
- Partner with Global and EMEA content team, creative team, and email team , to develop compelling content to support various marketing campaigns and align with buyer’s journey maps
- Partner with existing customers to build relationships
- Actively monitor all campaign analytics; partner with our business intelligence team to create appropriate reporting on campaign performance and communicate results effectively to the team with recommended actions for optimisation
- Help provide customer case studies and references for our Field (Marketing, Sales and Success)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing or Business
- Ability to lead and drive business growth for an entire region
- A taste for proving success of your efforts and campaigns
- Desirable experience in community management or customer-centric roles
- Ability to work independently and as a key member of multiple teams
- Ability to build relationships with industry influencers and clients
- A desire to do the best work of your life!
- Fluent/Native level English required, Nordic languages are desirable
- Strong understanding of EMEA wide B2B2C landscape
Key Partners for Success in this Role:
- Head of Regional Sales
- Sales managers, AE's, Velocity team, SDR (mgmt and team)
- Client success, pre-sales and services
- Global Marketing Team
- Wider EMEA Marketing Leadership Team
Zendesk is a part of the Chamber's premier memebrship - the advisory board. feel free to check out their member profile.