SAS: Key Account Manager – Europe
ARE YOU A TRAVELER?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A new Key Account Manager – Europe
In Scandinavia, SAS is the single largest airline with a market share of about one-third of the total air travel market. Each year almost 30 Million passengers travel with SAS to destinations in Europe, USA and Asia. SAS is a member of Star Alliance™ and, together with 27 partners, we offer 1300 destinations worldwide in 193 countries.
Corporate and Agent Sales Region Europe is a part of the Global Sales and Marketing division responsible for sales in Europe (excluding the Nordics). We are currently establishing one united and dynamic team to cover the European Region where we will work with customers and agents across country borders.
We are now looking for a new Key Account Manager who will report to the Head of Sales Europe.
The successful candidate will develop sales and profitable top line growth within a merged Agent-, Corporate and Leisure portfolio across multiple markets within the European Region.
The position is located in London (Heathrow) on local terms and conditions and requires travel and flexibility to work in the evenings and weekends from time to time.
- Develop a broad B2B customer portfolio, both regionally and globally consisting of Corporate Customers and Travel Agents (Business & Leisure)
- Negotiations of commercial agreements (regional and multinational)
- Develop and support digital distribution within agent and corporate environment
- Ensure saleability, buyability and visibility of contracts and products in digital distribution tools Identify sales enhancement initiatives and gap
- closing activities within own customer portfolio
- Target setting, sales planning, execution and follow up
- Develop a strong strategic and commercial relationship with customers in own portfolio
- Continuously optimize and challenge cost of sales and ROI of all sales activities
- Secure legal compliance when handling all types of contracts and relationships
- Ensure collaboration within the SAS organization globally
Your skills and experience:
- Good understanding of digital distribution
- Advanced negotiating skills
- Extensive knowledge of solution selling
- Proven track record of successful sales work (minimum 2 years)
- Expertise in handling complex commercial agreements preferably with Travel Agents and Corporate customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience from managing global project work
- A second European language (in addition to English) would be seen as an advantage
- Experience of the aviation industry is considered an asset
- Positive mindset with a “Can do” attitude
- Hungry for new challenges and a great motivation to sell SAS in a highly competitive market
- Ability to manage complex tasks and to cope with stressful situations
- Courageous with a high personal drive and ability to take own initiatives and focus on execution
- Strategic thinking and the ability to constantly seek improvements
- Able to contribute to a sale driven, team focused and strong performance culture with high pace and energy
- Motivated by a performance based salary
For more information: Niko Ek, Head of Sales Europe, email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone: +44 777 466 0400. Applications not later than 29 September 2017.
SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) is part of The Danish-UK Chamber of Commerce's Premier Membership - The Advisory Board